Ifada receives more than half of its traffic directly from Google, Google Scholar, and other search engines. Ifada takes every step to ensure that search results from Google and other engines are visible to all research content. Your role can be crucial in optimizing search results for your WordPress article. This will help people find, read and cite your work.
Five Tips To Increase Your WordPress Article’s Visibility In Search Engines
1. Create a search engine friendly title
- Include at least two keywords that are related to your topic
- Your keywords should be within the first 65 characters in your title
- Keep your title short
- Move a sentence from your title to your first or second sentence in your abstract
2. Optimize your abstract
- Include keywords and key findings in the first two sentences.
- In search engine results, the first two sentences are displayed.
- Repeat your keywords 3 to 6 times
- Remember that your abstract should clearly and concisely communicate the key points of the research.
3. Include keywords in your WordPress Article
- Keywords should be included in your document’s title, abstract, and keyword fields (1-2-3).
- Keywords can be phrase-based keywords rather than single words.
- Include keywords in your headings, too
- Headings direct search engines to the structure of your article.
- Use Google Trends or Google Adwords to find specific keywords.
- Keywords are essential for both A&I services and SEO
- Use keywords that are consistent with your field.
- Check the major papers in your field for any ambiguities.
- Keywords should flow naturally and contextually.
- Search engines don’t like keyword repetition. This is known as keyword stuffing. They may ‘un-index’ your article, making it difficult to find online.
4. Be consistent
- In the paper, refer to the author names and initials consistently.
- Be consistent with previous online publications.
5. Build Links For Your WordPress Article
- You can link to your WordPress article on your institutional, social media, and networking sites.
- Search engines like Google will highlight and value your content if there are more inbound hyperlinks to your article.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your article with others.
- The greater the number of links from trusted sites/respected individuals, the stronger the effect. Do the same for them!