(SEM) or Search Engine Marketing is a method that uses multiple methods to increase market visibility and exposure for a product, brand, or service.
(SEO) or Search Engine Optimization, Social Networking, Bid Placement, Pay-per-click, Context Advertising, Geomapping, and AdSense are all examples of SEM mechanisms. There are also multiple media formats such as YouTube, Foursquare, and geo-specific marketing like Foursquare.
Ifada explains Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search Engine Marketing Tools
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO: Maximize search engine exposure by targeting and driving Web visitors and ultimately increasing sales. Unpaid and organic searches account for the majority of search engine results pages. SEO optimizes websites in order to achieve top placement on search engines such as Google. Only 15% of searchers go beyond page 1.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM: This is a type of marketing that focuses on branding, reputation enhancement, and improved customer service via social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Digg, Delicious, and StumbleUpon are all smaller SMM channels. A total of more than one billion people visit social networks. Even the most basic marketing efforts like paid advertising can reach large audiences.
- Paid search: These ads can be sponsored links, banners, or sidebar ads. They are generated from organic search results and contextually.
These sectors are the representation of SEM:
- Consultancy/marketing services: 12 percent
- Retail: 10%
- Financial services (including insurance): 8 percent
- Software, IT and Education: 70%
These are the ways that SEM can increase web activity:
- Engaging users
- Driving traffic
- Boosting brand recognition and reputation
- Increase search engine result pages (SERP).
- Selling products and services
- Generate leads
- Research purposes: Content creation
- Conversion rates increase